What is Liquid "Gypsum"?
Liquid "Gypsum" is an easy-to-apply liquid soil conditioner. This product will significantly improve your turf quality and plant growth in hard or clay soils. This concentrated formula can be used on all grass types to create a healthy, lush, and green lawn. Also works on plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, and even on bare soil.
Compared to alternatives like dry gypsum, Liquid "Gypsum" is a much better choice - there are no heavy bags to lift and no tilling is required. Best of all, it works much faster and is more efficient to use. One quart (32 oz.) of Liquid "Gypsum" conditions up to 1,000 square feet (with a single application).
I have never used a soil conditioner before. How would I know that I need to start using Liquid "Gypsum"?
There are many different symptoms for many different grasses, plants, and soils - here's a few of the most common problems:
- Your grass is not as thick, lush, and healthy looking as you would like, despite watering and fertilizing.
- There are areas in your lawn where the grass is yellowing, looks dead or won't grow.
- After rain or watering, there are areas in your yard with standing water or slow drainage.
- When running your sprinklers, water beads up and runs off, instead of soaking in.
- Plants, flowers, and fruit trees look weak, and do not seem to be growing, blooming, and providing fruit.
I want to have a greener lawn and get my plants growing better. What do I need to do?
There are several fast and easy steps to a greener lawn and healthier garden using Liquid "Gypsum":
My lawn is 50,000 times better after using Liquid Gypsum. With the clay soil in my area this product has been absolutely fantastic and has worked wonders on my lawn. I plan to use it in the garden too. I am watering less and still have a green and vibrant lawn.
- Stewart A. of La Jolla, CA
- Use Liquid "Gypsum" to condition your soil - spray directly on to your lawn, plants or on bare soil.
- Liquid "Gypsum" is best applied with the easy-to-use RTS "Ready-to-Spray" 32 ounce bottle. This amount will cover approximately 1,000 square feet (example, 25' x 40') in about 5 minutes (depending on water pressure). For other sprayer models and application rates, click here
- Continue your fertilization and watering programs as normal - Liquid "Gypsum" helps to make this process more efficient and work better.
- In about a week (depending on your soil conditions), watch your lawn turn green, and see your plants, flowers, and trees flourish!
- Conditioning your soil is an ongoing process (just like fertilizing), and repeated applications of Liquid "Gypsum" may be necessary to achieve desired results. Larger sizes are available (1 gallon, 2 ½ gallons) for bigger yards or multiple applications.
- Once your lawn is lush and green, you should be able to reduce your watering amounts - some customers have found that their long term cost savings on decreased water usage more than pays for the cost of the product!
- Make sure to add Liquid "Gypsum" to your regular lawn and garden maintenance schedule!
What does Liquid "Gypsum" do?
- Loosens and softens sandy, hard, and clay soils from the surface down - no digging or tilling required.
- Improves soil drainage - fertilizers and water absorb into the soil, instead of being wasted on the surface or draining away (less water wasted!).
- With the softer soil and better drainage, the grass and plant roots grow deeper.
- The end result - brown spots disappear, lawns become greener, plants and flowers grow better, and trees become healthier!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S) regarding Liquid "Gypsum":
- Is Liquid "Gypsum" a fertilizer or a plant food?
No, Liquid "Gypsum" is a soil conditioner, and contains no food nutrients. However, by using Liquid "Gypsum", it will allow your fertilizers to work to their full potential.
- Can I over apply Liquid "Gypsum"?
No, there is no level of application that is too much for your soil. Keep using it until you achieve your desired results, then back the applications down.
- How often should I apply Liquid "Gypsum"?
You can apply it as often as needed until you find that the soil is softening and your desired results are achieved. After that, semi-annual applications are recommended to maintain optimal soil conditions, in conjunction with your other regular lawn and garden maintenance.
- Is Liquid "Gypsum" just for my lawn?
Liquid "Gypsum" works great on everything that grows in your yard- lawn, plants, trees, vegetables, fruits, shrubs, flowers, and even bare dirt!
- What is the difference between Liquid "Gypsum" and Liquid Thrive?
They are the same product, same formula, with two different names due to licensing restrictions in various states. Both do the same great job of conditioning your hard soils for better growth!
Liquid "Gypsum" contains a high level of soluble calcium which displaces the sodium. This then creates pore spaces in the soil. The effectiveness of the calcium is compounded by the use of a polyacrylamide (PAM)
that attaches to the soil particle and remains in the soil for years, helping the soil structure to resist collapsing. The effect of the PAM is cumulative and long lasting.
Improves clay soils by displacing sodium, immediately decreasing ESP
Releases salts, lowering soil EC
Improves soil drainage
Reduces crusting and improves infiltration of water and nutrients
Can help overcome problems with reclaimed water usage
Eliminates standing water
Fewer soil-borne diseases
Increases soil CEC immediately
Helps maintain healthy balance of nutrients for the plant
For more information, contact your authorized Soil Logic Pro distributor, or call our corporate headquarters at
25% Calcium Chloride
1% Wetting Agent
73% Inert Ingredients (Water)
32 oz./ 1000 sq. ft.
11 gal./ acre
*rate can be doubled or tripled if faster results are desired.
Monthly for 6 to 12 months
*depending on the severity of the sodium build-up.
Annual or b
i-annual treatments required for continued maintenance of soil.
Broadcast sprayer, hand sprayer or fertigation system. For best results irrigate after application.
Liquid "Gypsum" is not compatible with products containing sulfates or phosphates. Safe on all warm and cool season grasses, including golf course g
reens. Can be used on bare ground and ornament
al plants. Can be applied any time of year, except when ground is frozen. Available in 1 gal, 2.5 gal., 55 gal. drum and 275 gal mini tote.